[Dailydrool] Basset mean Time

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 06:29:14 PST 2010

Dogs eat 3 times a day, small meals, once when I get up usually around 5 or
6 in the morning, once at noon, once at 4pm or thereabouts.
At night they get me up between 2 and 4 a.m.to go out. I let them out let
them in, give them a treat, they go back in the crates until breakfast. No
big deal.
Recently however, they have all awakened me gakking. Not all of them at
once, but they seem to pick one each day. One night it's Llewis, next night
it's Conley, then Nigel. Cooper stands by my bed and gaks.
They don't puke. They're not bloating.

Basset Time is very fixed, usually around meals. It doesn't matter what time
the Government says it is, or that one day it is 1pm at 1pm and 2pm at 1pm
the next day. Mealtime time is Mealtime.

So I decided the length of time between the 4pm feeding and breakfast was
too long, and I added a 6pm feeding, cutting their meals accordingly and
giving them maybe half  of their regular rations at 6-- just something
significant in their tummies besides the 200 biscuits they score between
meals.
No more gakking.

We'll see......

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Conley and Cooper