[Dailydrool] Sally's New Year Update - Home from the Vet but new concerns

Robin Wherley robindw at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 3 07:57:40 PST 2010

Awww... lotsa drool and ear and eye goop being flung Sally's way!

Has Sally always been vocal? Are you just more conscious of it now?

Franklin is a very vocal basset - cries non-stop when he's in the car, grumbles if he can't get past Roley, whines whenever he isn't 100% happy, grunts when getting comfy on the couch, moans when having his ears cleaned, ah-roos if he hears something interesting, etc. He's got an entire vocabulary of sounds!

Luckily we don't have many serious scuffles - About twice a year Roley finally gets sick of Franklin harassing her and fights back, but she's very obedient and stops as soon as we screech, "Noooooooo!!!!" There doesn't appear to be anything different going on - it's like she finally snaps and wants to remind him she's higher in the pack than he is. We're fortunate in that Roley never hurts him - she just asserts herself and pins Frankie down and hold his skin between her teeth. (Knock on wood!)

Frankie never used to challenge Marquis, but has become much brattier since Marquis has become disabled and blind. Frankie will knock Marquis face into the water bowl when he's drinking, or he'll try to steal Marquis' food since Marquis can't see him. That's frustrating - apparently Frankie's never heard the phrase,  "Respect your elders."

Robin

and Marquis (the lab), http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1080960

and Roley (the mutt), http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1080964

and Franklin (the basset), http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1080965

and Chris, the dear husband :)

p.s. Dis bee Fwankie. Meez not dizrespectfulll, meez just seezes an opportuniteee when it comes up!!!!