[Dailydrool] Rocky is much better

racetrcker at aol.com racetrcker at aol.com
Sun Jan 3 20:41:43 PST 2010

I was out of town with limited computer access over Christmas so I didn't
get to post and ask for drool for our Rocky.  You might remember we lost
his sister, Lexie, to acute pancreatitis earllier this year.  Then in July,
Rocky had an attack and spent a couple of days in the emergency hospital.
They had diagnosed the same thing for him but his vet seemed to think it
might  be his liver flaring up since he has had a liver problem for some time
and is on  daily medications for it.  But he recovered and we decided against
doing a  liver biopsy to see what it going on in there due to his age (he
turned 9 on New  Year's Eve) and the fact that he was doing ok.

I went out of state to visit kids and grandkids for 10 days over Christmas
and on Christmas Day my husband had to bring Rocky in to the emergency
hospital  where they diagnosed the pancreatitis again.  This time Rocky's vet
agreed  with the diagnosis. I got home on the evening of the 28th and on the
29th I got  to go and bring him home.  He is on three more medications and
was  switched to a new very low-fat food ($2.40 a can) and after a couple of
days of  sleeping most of the time he is now doing much better.  They told us
that  the pancreatitis is constantly in his body but that it lies low most
of the time  and then flares up for no apparent reason.  The attacks are
quite painful  to him but that can be managed with medications and as long as
they aren't  coming with a great frequency we will just keep him on whatever
meds and food  will help him.  The hardest part for him is that he can have
NO  TREATS!  And of course, Maddie, his new four-year old "sister," can't
have  any either which she does not think is very fair.  She also looks put
out  that she gets mostly kibble with a little canned food for her meals and
he gets  all canned food since it is easier for him to digest.

I believe that all you droolers out there just knew somehow that he needed
some healing drool and sent it without my having to ask for it.  So thank
you all.  And Happy New Year to everyone.

Carol