[Dailydrool] Cysts on Basset's head

Susan Woodward critters4 at bellsouth.net
Tue Jan 5 10:48:46 PST 2010

I have a question about cysts? There is this weird growth on Miss Jenny's
head that makes her look like she is trying to grow antlers. The vet pulled
a brownish/grayish fluid out of it this morning. We are treating it with
steroid drops applied to the location and antibiotics to see if it will go
away. If not, it will have to be removed. Is this normal? I think it is
caused by her brother who bites on her all the time when they play.....he
can get rather rough. The vet mentioned it could be a blocked hair follicle
gland? I guess, I just want to avoid surgery if at all possible.