[Dailydrool] Pancreatitis outbreak?

saraberry at aol.com saraberry at aol.com
Tue Jan 5 14:49:00 PST 2010

I think you just answered your own question.

Christmas food.

Both human foods and new treats and/or foods.  And it makes sense it would happen about the week after Christmas when many of us look at something and question whether we would eat it and then look at the dog standing their salivating and wagging their tail.

I know with mine to change food of any kind involves a two week gradual process that can still be a mess.  So I leave mine on Costco Lamb and Rice.  It seems odd, but cheaper is sometimes simpler with no extras and it is like feeding plain old chicken and rice or lamb and rice, sometimes that is the easiest on the stomach.

I have also been following this trend and have inquiried other breeders on the seriousness of it.  It can become a serious problem so it is important to treat it early and thoroughly with a good diet to prevent problems.

Best*

Sara