[Dailydrool] Human versus dog food

julie h jules56pt at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 5 21:01:59 PST 2010

I am going to stick my nose in here along with my 2 cents.  We feed our girls dry and canned dog food along with biscuits and plain yogurt.  They also get bites of other things like cheese.   I have cooked for them too and make a lot of their biscuits.  They get turkey and Thanksgiving and Christmas as well as other people things like eggs.

I have had bassets since 1983 and I guess I have been very lucky.  We have never had a case of pancreatitis.  I know i should be knocking on wood right now.  The first dog we had (not a basset) had two favorite foods.  She loved spaghetti and chili.  She also ate chicken necks and other bones with alot of garbage.  She lived to be 18 and was a great girl.

I guess I think some dogs must be more prone to tummy upsets than others.  Maybe I will change my tune if one of the girls start having lots of troubles but I see no harm in giving them bits of things with their regular food.  If I couldn't give a bit of human food now and then I would never get a pill in any of them except for Maggie.  My girls also are picky and won't eat something just because it is easy to get.  And they don't do vegetables or fruit.  Not even if it drops into their mouths.

Just my 2 cents worth.

>From the iron stomach bunch--

Ninja--I need a snack.  I need a tweet.  I need dinner.  What do you mean, I already had dinner..??  I don't remember.

Marley--Just had over the bag of treats and no one gets hurt.

Maggie--I know where the treats are.  If I stare at them long enough they will fall off the table and they will be mine.  All mine.

Shelby--Let the old lady eat.  I deserb a treat.  I deserb all the treats.

The Wild Kitty Boys--How come we never get any ob dose treats????Where are the kitty snacks?????We been gypped.