[Dailydrool] Pancreatitis

Cynthia Wells cyndi.wells at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 6 04:06:01 PST 2010

Ahhhrrrrrooooo to all of you from Cyndi, drool cleaner, food slave of Jaggie, Suzi, Blue, Egan and Skipper - atb!

I was disturbed by all the postings about pancreatitis since I just lost my beloved Skipper November 17th to the same thing.  I didn't even know he was sick and I have contacted a few people who I know to be very knowledgeable about Bassets, since I was desperated to get to the bottom of how this could happen especially since I have the other dogs.  Anyway I got referred to a lady from Daphneyland who referred me to Marina Zacharias at a website called Natural Rearing.com.  Anyway they say that the dog food we feed our beloved animals has alot of things in it that is really bad for them.  It all made alot of sense to me.  My Skipper had severe skin allergies which the Vets could never really resolve but they didn't start until people convinced me to go "all commercial dog food".  Before the skin problems started I was making my own dog food from rice, meats, veggies and the like. Now I am back to the all natural foods thing again.  My animals seems much
 healthier and happier.  I put fresh veggies and some fruits in the food processor, then even though Natural Rearing recommends raw meats I haven't been able to go that route yet, I cook their meats a little, no poultry bones of course but once a week I make a concoction of rice, veggies and meats with a little canned broth or soup as a base.  I have also been using cold pressed flax seed oil.  I don't know if this is the right thing or not but when my Skipper passed I went to the dog food bin and sniffed it and it smelled totally and completely like chemicals.  This was an expensive, so called, natural dog food.  I cannot help thinking I poisoned my poor Skipper to death but at any rate the website makes alot of good points and they have raised alot of Bassets so I have changed what I am doing altogether and so far it seems to be working great.  I just wanted to share this with you all since it is something so pressing on my heart.  Luv and drool to
 all!  Cyndi