[Dailydrool] pancreatitis

beckyandgeorgie beckyandgeorgie at shaw.ca
Mon Jan 4 11:46:26 PST 2010

That word puts fear in me when I hear it.  Miss Becky was bringing up
bile and had diahreah for a couple of months. I tried everything but
finally went on a Merck Vet-online and found out about Pancreatitis.
Off to the vet in Calgary we went and she was diagnosed with pancreatitis
severe readings out of world.
So she got baytril and Calgary vet arranged cuz I lived in Airdire then for the
vet out there to take her and treat her for night. He phoned me at 11 to
tell me she was ok.  She got her fluids
and bay-tril and was home next night.   While she couldn't eat
anything a drooler on here had a friend of hers email me cuz
she was an expert onPancreatitis andsuggested I give her
boiled potatoes and
boiled chicken breast mixed.  She thrived on till she got better
 and a diet change to low fat - etc.
Then she was put on a metrozodaile? pill as well and she
lasted to 15, 4 mo and 2 days.
I am sharing this cuz I never heard of it before cept a good
friend died from it just before. It is very painful too .  Bassets
are tough little devils  As I think about it I was feeding her too
much beef jerky and chicken strips so all that ended and she
could only tolerate Waltham's Royal Canin ; now low fat. The potatoes
do something and she loved it.

She got some beef jerky and dried chicken breast and of course
for the rest of her life she got chicken breasts mixed in her LF royal
canin food. She hated Hills and wouldn't eat it

Drool to all.
Georgie and Miss Becky ATB