[Dailydrool] Catching up -- and some drool please

Laura Salmon laurarsalmon at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 15:30:48 PST 2010

OK, so my new year's resolution to stay on top of the Drools lasted about as
long as most do, and I am, indeed, catching up.

Drool for Sally and her sore tooth, and for Fred and his weak back end.
Drool for "we don't know yet" the Cavalier, who is lucky to have found a new
home (we'll see how long he stays a foster) where he'll be properly cared
for.

Drool for Barney, that he makes it to his new house and his handicapped ramp
built just for him, and for Jacie and her "too much fruitcake" bloat.

Welcome home to Sandy's daughter!

Susan, all three of our bassets sleep with me and the DH every night.  We
had to get a king-sized bed, and I have little comforters at the end of the
bed for when there are no covers left for one or the other of us, but I love
having my bassets sleep with me, and my husband loves me, so that's how it
works.  But I do wake up in the oddest contortions.  Congratulations to Gus
for worming his way into the big bed :-).

Hearthealing drool to Judy on her loss of Murry the cat -- Judy I had sent a
note privately but the spammer must have gotten it.  I had a hacker do that
to my e-mail account too.

Welcome to Elvis Applegate!

And belated happy Gotcha Day to Brudder Elwood.  I think the Diva has it
wrong -- I've seen a new-found maturity in your posts of the most recent
months, and think your big boy brain has actually arrived.  Think of all the
work you did when your Momma and Daddy were sick to take care of them --
that was big boy behavior.

Drool for Lucy -- we hope it isn't cancer.  Melissa you have had too much
sadness to have to deal with that too.

I loved Blueberry the burglar's story :-).

Happy Gotcha Day at the bridge to Buford -- your mommy still misses you very
much.

Welcome to Pete Byers and to Puck Gomez!

Special emergency drool for Opie -- thanks for the update Sandi -- I laughed
at your husband not recognizing you, and we have paws crossed that Opie will
recover fully.

Hearthealing drool to Kevin and Kim on their loss of Molly.  We're BROOD
ramblers but we never got to meet her and are sorry.

Drool for Gus and his torn ear, and to Chloe the kitty.

Happy 12th birthday Cakie -- what a momentous occasion!!

And now for some drool for us please.  We've been away for the past 10
days.  Geoffrey had what I thought was an infected sebaceous cyst that I had
been treating with hot compresses, etc (the dogs were away with us).  Well
the inflamation cleared up, but the spot is bald with a big, ugly, solid
lump.  I've tried pressing on it and no give or weeping.  And what really
scared me is that Henry, who is his rival, came over and sniffed that spot
last night when I was petting Geoffrey.  Henry immediately starting grooming
Geoffrey, which he never does, and he let him up on the bed last night
without growling which he also never does.  I too think dogs are more
sensitive to cancer than humans, and am really worried that Henry senses
Geoffrey has a mast cell tumor and is being nice to him as a result.
Geoffrey is going to the vet on Saturday to have it checked out now that
we're back and can see our regular vet, but a little "no cancer" drool would
really be appreciated.

Laura (Geoffrey, Molly, Henry, Lisa (ATB), Dub-Dub (ATB)