[Dailydrool] Possible Scam Alert

Anne C. Dean basset at starband.net
Wed Jan 6 15:59:23 PST 2010

I have received two e-mails asking for information on Iowa Basset Hounds Rescue.  The sender wants to donate to a "good cause".  The sender calls himself John Hamilton, he uses two different g-mail account, and gives a phone number in the United Kingdom.  A number that goes directly to an automated voice mail service for a mobile phone. I was unable to verify this person's credentials both in the US and in the UK.  my contacts in the UK seem to think this is a scam.