[Dailydrool] Possible Scam Alert

R Groves dd-post at thegroves.net
Thu Jan 7 02:57:57 PST 2010

My local rescue (BROOD) gets several of these, also a couple from a supposed
veterinarian... and she's closing her practice and wants to give away their
vans and some other equipment to a needy and deserving animal rescue, oh
thank you thank you thank you for considering "us" ...

stooooopid spammers, they list "her" contact information from NZ .... yeah
NZ New Zealand! ... from that I started blocking all email coming from
@inmail24.com .... some times the message appeared to be from some other
email address, but if you hit reply in your email program, the "reply to"
email address had been set up ... and it was changed from the original email
address seen in the "from", to something at inmail24 ...

There's also the k9 email addresses (haven't seen one of those in a while)
and the messages themselves come across as trying to give away their puppies
... of course the problem with that is BROOD is for Bassets ... we don't' do
pitbulls, terriers, goldens, etc.. only Bassets!.... again ... stooooooopid
spammers they just don't pay enough attention some times..

:)

-Robert

  _____

Subject: [Dailydrool] Possible Scam Alert

I have received two e-mails asking for information on Iowa Basset Hounds
Rescue.  The sender wants to donate to a "good cause".