[Dailydrool] Ears and Teeth

kacy green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 16:01:02 PST 2010

So it is official that we are terrible slaves. We've been owned by Cowboy
for 3 years now and while I was good about brushing his teeth in the first
few months, that became less and less regular as time went on and became a
distant memory of the past once Rupert joined our crew. So lately he's been
a little yelpy on occasion when getting a good facial rub-down so we took
him to the vet yesterday who confirmed major ear infection, yeast and
bacteria. He is on ear drops, anti-biotics and anti-fungal meds for 2 weeks.
They also gave - yes surprisingly GAVE - James a bottle of ear cleaner when
he said we make our own. Lol, guess they didnt think "blue ear treatment"
sounded very good.

Side question - does the blue treatment have a "drying agent" in it? I
assume yes, alcohol dries stuff out - but I have no clue.

They also said he has a bad tooth in the back of his mouth that very likely
needs to be extracted. They said it appears to have incurred trauma - not
sure from what - but he is going back for an ear re-check in 2 wks and will
also undergo his first teeth cleaning and most likely extraction. Poor kid!
When I came home from work I said "Cowboy, you are supposed to be our easy
one" to which James replied "He is. All of his issues are our fault." So
true. 2010 resolution: Brush teeth and Clean ears weekly!

Anyway thats it for now. We've known that Ru needed a cleaning and possible
extractions since we adopted him, so he will likely be done in the next
month or two also. So much for the first resolution I made of trying to save
more money this year. Lol, it's only the 6th of january and I'm already $200
in the hole for a stupid ear infection. Good thing we have insurance. I am
interested to see what they reimburse since I havent used it yet.

Drool to all,
Kacy w/Cowboy and Rupert

--
Cowboy: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/531112