[Dailydrool] Sleeping with Bassets

Carol MacLeod macleod at tcnj.edu
Thu Jan 7 12:26:45 PST 2010

Last night was the first night ever...in 4+ years we did not have a
basset in bed with us......Honey and Leroy were cuddled up with by the
fire...usually I take Leroy out to pee and then up to
bed.....well....they both had been out to pee..and they looked so
peaceful and warm by the fire...Ken was already up stairs asleep and
snoring away...so I just tipped toed out of the room and up to our cold
cold cold bedroom and went under our fleece blankets....I used to worry
that Leroy (now 3) would pee on the floor in the middle of the night, so
he HAD to go up with us where  he would crawl under the blankets to get
warm...It's nice to feel his fur next to me....Honey would then come up
hrs later after the fire had died down and sleep right between Ken and I
with her head almost on a pillow.........Just a pack of 2 leggers and 4
leggers staying warm.    Much to my surprise I woke up at 6....Honey and
Leroy still cuddled up by the  fire that had turn to ashes ....and NO
PEE on the floor....It was a good night for all....going to try it again
tonight!
Oh the cat liked it too....she was not jumping all over the place
looking for the perfect corner to sleep!
Honey, Leroy and Tyler the crazy cat....................