[Dailydrool] Still can't believe this happened---

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Thu Jan 7 18:04:45 PST 2010

Momma here, and what a story to relate. It is no secret that just about anywhere the weather has been awful, and since the Northeaster here in Nov when we got over 13 1/2 inches of rain and winds that ripped out a bunch of our fence, we have had rotten weather EVERY weekend since. We still have the temporary fence up, and hubby has bought all the new fence panels and placed them on the ground outside the temp fence. The hounds here don't bother the fence it is very sturdy and it is no problem keeping them in. This afternoon as I was in the process of coming out of the dental inflicted drug haze, Elwood Daisy and Jake were out tooling about the yard. All of a sudden I hear Jake in full blown attack bark. I ran out the door, I could hear he was by the temporary fence, and I looked---here on the other side of the temp fence is a pittbull and ON TOP of all the new fence panels is a huge rottwalter.--Okay--I am just calling it like it was--no flames---it didn't matter what make they were--
Well Brudder Jake was just in overdrive-I was screaming at the top of my lungs cause Mr Rottwalter was getting ready to make the jump to sail into the yard with Jake, I tried to grab Jake and couldn't get him, so I guess in my pure panic I screamed HELP over and over, ran to the door and grabbed a leash to try and drag Jake into the house. Well apparently the man several doors down heard me screaming and ran to help-he was met by the almost intruders-and they scared him as they rushed right at him. Neither of us has ever seen these dogs and we called animal control, as it is too cold for any dog to be out lost,/scared and it was time for the school buses to unload.Whether they found them I don't know, I can only hope the were picked up or were found by the owner and are home safe.

Needless to say when Hubby hit the door tonight, we had the "fence discussion" after today I didn't care if he hired the fence company, parked his truck in front of the temp fence or somehow got a chunk of fence up. I had "THAT" tone of voice--I aged another 10 years this afternoon.  The fence mission was completed before dinner was served.
Brudder Jake was very proud of himself  for protecting what was his.
Now, where were Daisy and Elwood??? Clear over in the south section of the yard barking at a duck in the pond. They missed the whole thing.
Momma came in and took more Vicoden.

Debbie Winchester
Ol' Bob, Sister Daisy, Brudder Jake
OEBE Elder Clara, Queen of Farts

Get Elder Clara's Cookbook today Support Senior Houndsabound
www.elderclaraeats.biz