[Dailydrool] a belated montana moment

Leslie Ames bassetrescuemt at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 19:04:26 PST 2010

so many heartfelt thank yous to everyone who thought of us way up here
in Montana, and sent generous donations to help keep us going thru the
winter here........every dollar received we use 100% to keep the shelter
going and all dogs fed and kept warm ...and the pictures we
received...holy cow, i loved each and every one of them  and looked thru
them often as each had their own beauty and originality.   Thank you to
everyone who took the time to mail one to me here at the ranch/shelter.
I had fun showing all of them off to visitors.

our greatest news coming as our New Years gift....finally found the
right home near us to complete Freckles.......' adoption.    Take a peek
at this special marked Basset cross who is just a doll baby and so sweet
..(in Forever Homes)..loving his new family has made my week.    As soon
as weather permits, my intentions will be directed at setting up a
little table/booth at some significant retail stores to show off more
bassets.    That was the ticket for Freckles finding his new home!!

Cookie up in Kalispell made our holiday season very successful also, as
she was able to fund the shelter with over $1200.00 with those gorgeous
wreaths, ornaments, etc...she must of worked night and day to do all
that...we speak as often as we can and she certainly is the "shelters
angel" also........ and miracle worker.   Plus, all of you who bid on
items in the Hounds Bay...do you realize how much you are loved for
helping????   mucho grande!!!!!!!!!!!   i think the foundations holding
up each rescue org. is YOU...each of  YOU> without each of you helping
we would not be able to do what we do.   all the rescues  around the
nation depend on donations ...

Hardships come and go and I seem to get thru most of them.........our
latest as of today is the shelters...both lobbies........lost their
power...  It is bone chilling cold here as it is most everywhere.  For
some reason,  all electricity blew going out to the buildings.    So,
for all of tonight my time has been spent  walking from house to shelter
to barn and back and forth....which is needed to check on all lights and
heaters once i get into the house and flip the switch to get things
going again...oh my..my nose froze......lol   it is not a good thing to
be out walking that much in this weather!!!  All my cats have a heated
tack room to use and boy do they use it!!!   then it blew again, so i am
now in communication with an electrician.   crap........well, at least
the snow is minimal and i do not have to shovel all that much!!  DO have
to wear those attachments on my snow boots.... that have those tiny
spikes.......cause the worse part of this ranch right now is the ice.
We have also lost over 50% of our basset yards due to ice
rinks....literally.   our creeks overflowed and froze rock hard even to
way over the 2 backyard bridges...so ...too dangerous for dogs ,
horses,  or me.  Our head gates could not be turned down to prevent
this....come spring that is another chore i will have to look at.    Oh
boy, what a strange winter this year.    It is hard to understand Global
Warming......when you listen to the U.S. news weather reports.

As far as my own health, I am hangin in there.   Not out of the woods as
yet....have to go thru another stress test due to some symptom.   I get
tired but I am so happy with all my kiddies here...and each night we sit
around the fire in our living room and watch the news before going to
bed.   Rescue dogs all rotate thru the living room so every one gets
tons of love and treats.   At this moment the heaters are working out
there but i am keeping an eye on the one night light out there to verify
that the electricity is still working.    Come morning I hope to have
some answers as to why this is happening.

Heres to each of you who need a lift of spirits...........or a warm
fuzzy..........here it comes.........straight from MOntana!!!
blessings to each of you and Montana drool for those who are in need.
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EACH OF YOU AND AGAIN...TO EACH OF YOU...WE THANK YOU
FOR EVERYTHING.
--
Leslie Ames
President/Shelter Manager