[Dailydrool] Update on GGBR61 and links to video clips

Adelaide Dawes addydawes at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 09:20:09 PST 2010

Sorry it's been a while since I've had the time to update everyone.  We
haven't stopped for a minute since December 7 when we got the first email
from the owner of the kennel that closed.  Organizing the initial visit to
catalog, photograph, vaccinate and deworm the dogs on December 11.
Organizing the team that would go up to transport the dogs off the premises
on December 18.  Organizing the 37 foster homes (more volunteered than we
actually needed - wonderful!!) who were going to receive the hounds at any
time up to midnight on the 18th.  Organizing the vet care over the
Holidays!!  Screening the (I've lost count but over) 80 adoption
applications, sending them out for phone checks and home check visits.
Dealing with the email that we have been deluged with.....

Wow.  First time we've ever been involved in any mass intake.  We thought
taking in three from one house was a big deal before this!

The reward is in the fact that these dogs are safe, adjusting to life
outside their kennel runs for the first time, undergoing all the medical
procedures and treatments that they need, and learning that home life, soft
couches and dog beds, quality food, walks on a leash, and a lap to lay on
are what a basset was bred to enjoy!

Many, many, thanks to ALL of you for your support and the many contributions
to the fund for these dogs.  GGBR was at it's lowest ever financial state
when the call came in about these dogs, but other than a minutes doubt about
whether we could do it, we knew that with a little help from our friends we
could pull it off.  The outpouring of advice and support was what we needed
and the operation took on a life of its own!

For anyone interested, go to our home page (ggbassetrescue.org) and click
the links for the couple of video clips to the news items and a couple of
the press articles.  The videos are heartwarming and cute.  The press, on
the whole, did a good job for us (although we've had quite the job in
fielding complaints from the breeder and her supporters about some of the
comments made!).  You can also visit our kennel intake page to see photos of
all 61 dogs.... Kennel
Intake<http://www.ggbassetrescue.org/info/display?PageID=7918>

Thanks again to everyone.  We're having a Board Meeting today and talking
about how to deal with the thank yous to those who donated.  We want to send
an individual thank you to everyone we can identify (once we can come up for
air!)... but for now I just wanted to give this generic thank you!

Drool and hugs to all who need it,

Addy

--
Addy Dawes