[Dailydrool] Jacob, his pack of angels and the Mouse

Wendie L Prince houndsabound at att.net
Sun Jan 10 09:24:28 PST 2010

The Disney Half Marathon was grueling yesterday. But as I wrote on Friday,  I ran for Jacob and all the others who cannot, so they carried me through.  At about the 4 mile mark,  we were running through the Magic Kingdom,   around and through Cinderella castle.   I lost my pack there,  think they took a break and got warmed up and had a meal break with Cinderella.    About the 6 mile mark,  my knee was really acting up,  so  I had to walk the rest of the way. The pressure on my knee felt like it would blow out every time I stepped down when I ran, walking was doable.   Jacob and the pack found me again around mile 8,  not sure why I lost focus on them  but they were there, some running, some floating along on a beautiful cloud, smiling and thumping their tales to cheer us along.  I had been staying with Pat,  and about mile 11, she had to go run as she needed to be in under a certain time due to her also running in the marathon this morning.(crazy, I know).
As I was coming into the finish line, I was visibly hobbling along,  and was in pain, from the knee and having so much time thinking about Jacob.   Anyhow,  Mickey was greeting everyone and he saw me,  came over and grabbed my hand and elbow and helped me cross the finish line.  Then he kissed my hand and I kissed his and went on.  I was in tears at that point, trying to not cry,  but that kindness of the Mouse tipped the scales.

I just wanted to share all that with you all,  my family.
It has been really hard,  and all your notes have had me in tears, tears from your kindness and tears from knowing Jacob is gone.
Thank you all for caring.  I am working today on responding to all the notes,  please bear with me.
All the Bounders here are doing their best to be sweet......have had a couple of fights over the last day.

wen and the Bounders