[Dailydrool] breeding Bassets at Home

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 05:20:30 PST 2010

Sandi Wittenberg's post on the joys of breeding Bassets at home is perfect.
One time I had Dr Trudeau come over and help me try to get a natural cover
on a bitch (as opposed to artificial insemination). We sat on the living
room floor, one of us steadying the bitch and the other trying to aim
Mitchell's  essential equipment. I might add here that the essential
equipment is not only....ah.....slippery but the enthusiasm of the owner of
the equipment makes it difficult to....um....hang on and help aim.
Laughing so hard that one has tears pouring down one's face as the
Veterinarian makes bawdy comments does not help. We never did get a natural
cover. We ended up doing an A/I (Zelda was a product of that litter-- 12
live puppies!!)
Dr T packed her stuff, washed her hands and left, still giggling.
She stopped at the 7/11 to get a coke and noticed the clerk looking at her
funny. She got out to the car and looked in the rear view mirror and
discovered she had a big gob of......essence of hound precious bodily fluid
glued to her glasses. She said she laughed so hard she could barely drive.

If the person who wrote actually asking about breeding was serious,
well....laaa.