[Dailydrool] Mazzie update

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 14:48:17 PST 2010

Well, my husband and I took Mazzie to the vet at 4:30 today.  He checked her
sphincter muscle and there is still a pucker. She is not doing the drag
thing with her leg yet so he thinks she still has some pep in her.  We did
get some iffy news. She yelped terrible and tried to bite when he pushed up
on her bladder. She was very sore there. He collected a urine sample and
there was blood in her urine. There is no infection and she has no signs of
infection such as begging to go out often, going a dribble and then going
more. He ended up muzzling her and putting his finger up her anus to check
for anything. There was no swollen lymph nodes that he could feel. She
started whining for dinner at 5. By 5:15 the urine results were back. He
wanted to do an x-ray and continue on. I told him she had enough and wanted
dinner and asked if we could come back in the morning. He said absolutely
and told me not to worry about the bill until then too. So, the thing is we
are doing an x-ray to look for stones, if not then put a dye and air to look
for a (god forbid) tumor on her bladder wall, and go from there. If there is
then we send out a sample for cytology to see if it is cancer. The vet says
if its cancer that she would have 4-5 months and we would just enjoy what
time we had left with her. Then, he said lets not jump the gun and lets wait
for tomorrow, but I wanted to discuss the worse case scenario with my
husband there also. He also mentioned something about a possible diuretic
tomorrow?  So, we will know more on Mazzie tomorrow. She was very glad to
get home and eat her dinner.

--
DRool to all in need,
Dee,