[Dailydrool] funny story

Jaime Brigance brigancehappy at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 11 23:26:02 PST 2010

Droolers;

I noticed someone asked for a funny story, well I think Geoffrey (our almost 5 mo. old puppy) can provide that.

So here is the scene: my living room is big and we have a huge piece of linoleum on most of the floor, a couch/chairs/extra bed/Christmas tree etc.  (that is Geoffrey's running space).  There was a large package of cranberries in the fridge that my daughter had decided she would prepare for Christmas.  Well, my other kids opened the end of the bag and were taking some out.  So all of the juices had went to the other end of the bag.

So, here comes Geoffry down the stairs and we have a few people over to decorate our tree, and he somehow opens the fridge and grabs the pack of cranberries and starts to dig in bigtime.  It was as if he'd had the whole stunt planned.  We only had company over once this year, and that was the night he pulled it.  So, Jessica sees what he is doing and yells at him to STOP, that does no good, it sets him into running.into the living room.

He runs all over the living room with red cranberries and juices coming out of the bag!  It was sooo funny that words don't give it justice.  Like, the minute he comes in with the bag with Jessica chasing him, he is instantly the center of attention.  My friend tried to take the bag from him and he ran from her.  It was a hoot.

Jessica finally got the bags away from him.  So cranberry juice is everywhere and Geoffrey looks like Hannibal Lector.  Everyone was laughing, even me.  I thought: I'm NOT cleaning this one up!!!

This is our first basset puppy.  He was a gift from a friend from a professional breeder.  I would have preferred to go with a rescued older dog (as we have in the past), but my friend said that my daughter really needed a puppy to bond with.  He asked me to think about it for two weeks, and I thought he was right then, and now I can say for sure he was right.  He said I'd learn as I go.

We are really lucky that Geoffrey is almost totally potty trained, and he simply just knew what to do :)  From what I've read, that is quite an accomplishment.

I guess that was Geoffrey's idea of helping decorate the house.  The carpet stains remain after cleaning twice.  Oh, well.  Part of the price that us basset lovers must sometimes pay!!  And so be it, he is more than worth it 100 times over :)

Jaime, Alex, Jessica & Olivia
Geoffrey, the puppy in charge
all the white kitties
Mia the dashound who is tiny & sweet