[Dailydrool] no bark didn't work for us

daisy7521 at aol.com daisy7521 at aol.com
Tue Jan 12 07:07:57 PST 2010

We also tried the birdhouse no bark thing, our  neighbors dog barks "alot".
 The weird thing, is, is that our black lab was  so sensitive to it, she
could hear it even when no one was barking.  Maybe  even the wind set it
off????? It has a high pitched sound it emits,  She was scared to death, she
wouldn't even come outside, without being  skittish.  My bassets didn't seem to
even notice  it.
Nor did the neighbors dog, she must have heard it  the first time, and she
looked a little puzzled, but then she just kept right on  barking.  It
doesn't work for all breeds.  Or all dogs  apparently.
She became accumtomed to it, no matter which way  we had it pointed, and we
had it on the highest  pitch.
Plus it is flashing, it has a small LED light, but  it is noticeable, and
that was a drawback, if you don't want a neighbor to see  it.  We tried to
camoflauge it, but that didn't work too well  either. Needless to say, we
returned it.
And everytime that dog barked, my lab just about  went nuts, cuz she could
hear it going all the time.  So if you are  thinking of trying it, good
luck, just know, it might not work for you  either...............