[Dailydrool] FURminator deshedding tools

tomanddeb at tznet.com tomanddeb at tznet.com
Tue Jan 12 10:10:21 PST 2010

To the lady who asked about shedding solutions, I think the FURminator brush
does work on SOME bassets. My Apples girl benefits greatly from regular use.
She is one of those coat types that sometimes gets the little tufts of hair
(not quite matts) and I can groom her quite nicely with this. My Zeke boy
however, has EXTREMELY fine hair for an adult and it is better for him if I
use a conventional brush. I get more of his undercoat with it than with the
other one. FURminator also makes a grooming spray and if used moderately
it's a  nice addition to regular brushing. And a good freshen up between
bath times.  It is called FURminator waterless de shedding shampoo and
conditioner. (Comes in a spray bottle) No I am not a representative of sales
for this product, but when you find something good you want to pass it
along . It is a fairly long lasting scent, but not over powering . I think
some bassets are sensitive to anything too perfumey.  Also for those with
allergies I don't know if they would have a reaction or not. None of mine
have that problem, so it works good for me.     I still have to sweep a lot
and vaccum and lint rollers are usually on the shopping list as well. All
part of trying to be a good basset slave.... LOL.   Laura, SO glad it turned
out to be just a nasty cyst on dear Geoffery, although they can be pretty
scary too. Give Geoffery  a pet from  us and once again so glad it is
getting better!    Debbie and the Masterpiece Bassets