[Dailydrool] Breeder-Basset Rescue and Droolers

Karen sparks_red at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 12 11:20:42 PST 2010

Nancy,

Everything you said is what I love about the Daily Drool.
Unlike any other group on the internet this group is a family.
Sometimes I even think it is much like a marriage between the
members as many of the vows a couple makes to each other, we
have freely made to each other.   We support each other through
the good and bad.  We celebrate the successes and laugh at the antics
and stories.  We share the pain and tears of loss.

We are able to discuss issues that we are all passionate about, allowing
each to tell the many sides of the issue.  We come together when there
are bassets in need.  We support our rescues even in the hard times.

We share an understanding of bassets that non-basset people can
never understand, let alone put up with.   These are the personality
quirks that we come to lovingly  accept as what being basset really
means.  Though I am sure that many of us will freely admit that
we have wanted to scream or strangle our droolers over some of the
destruction that has been reeked upon our households.
We are able to forgive them and go on loving them because we know
that is what bassets do.  We know that are bassets are not lazy or dumb as
they are portrayed in books and media.  We all know that there is people time
and basset time.

We do all this because we truly love our basset breed.  So welcome
to the world of bassets.  I am so thrilled that you were able to hear both
sides of the breeding issue with an open mind without being offended.

Droolz,
Karen and The Dog House Gang