[Dailydrool] Basset behavior thoughts

jacanny at aol.com jacanny at aol.com
Tue Jan 12 11:04:16 PST 2010

The other day, I was holding up Gallagher's ears and my husband  asked me to look through his ears and tell me how many fingers he was holding up.  He won't be two until May, and we're hoping that the big brown truck shows up with the big boy brains.  But I wonder.....   will the big boy brains be able to handle the constant "brain scramble".  Sometimes I wonder if all that drool flinging is doing some brain damage!!!  It would certainly explain a lot.
On "humping", sometimes he humps her (MacKenzie) and sometimes she humps him.  But never, never, do either of them try to hump Miss Poppy!  It's especially delightful to have them trade humping opportunities on the front porch, at the top of the steps, as people walk by.  Here I was, worried about what color pillows to put on the wicker chairs....  no one will ever see beyond the humping bassets.
Finally, Bassets can't skate.  Someone left their sprinkler system on in all this cold (NC) and all 3 bassets tried their best figure skating moves.  Triple lutz anyway (or is that triple klutz!).
What did I do for laughs before having 3 bassets???

Julie, slave to MacKenzie, Gallagher and Miss Poppy