[Dailydrool] rescue AND - NOT vs breeders

ffrogger at aol.com ffrogger at aol.com
Tue Jan 12 13:02:51 PST 2010

Responsible breeders and rescue both love bassets and want the best for
them. Just read what Sandi is involved with when breeding and she does it for
all the right reasons. It is puppy mills and casual breeding that I don't
want  to see. Sure, I would rather see every dog have a home before another
one is  born but that is not going to happen. I just want people to know
there are  other options for getting a specific breed. When I got my first
basset over 13  years ago she came from a pet store (probably from a puppy mill)
because I  didn't know about rescue. I now spread the word about rescue. I
haven't  gotten any one to adopt a basset yet, but I have gotten people to
look into  rescue that never new about it. A golden retriever, a boxer and a
pug from rescue now have forever homes. We will always need  responsible
breeders because some day all other dogs will  be spayed  and neutured and be
in their forever homes. There will be no  rescue organizations.
I can dream can't I?

Diane, mom to Dylan & Harry