[Dailydrool] the dreaded ear cleaning

Jodie Dew jodster1966 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 13 06:15:04 PST 2010

Hello.  I have been lurking for a year now.  I enjoy all the stories and information so much.  I have 2 beautiful little basset baby girls who are 10 months old.  The only thing that we have issues with are ear cleanings.  It is a horrible experience for Flash.  She gets so freaked out by it she shakes uncontrollaby for a long time.  My understanding is I should clean their ears once a week.  Both the vet and groomer say their ears aren't real dirty.  I have stooped to taking them to a professional for ear cleaning and nail clipping.  Of course I can't do this every week.   My question is.....is it ok to only clean ears every 3 - 4 weeks if there aren't any issues with the ears?  Any reply would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks so much!

Jodie Dew - slave to Maggie & Flash
Jodie