[Dailydrool] Thank you

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 14:17:35 PST 2010

I wanted to take a moment to thank all of you who have written such nice
notes to us after the loss of our cat, Molly. Your kind words have meant a
lot to me and I'm very grateful to all of you.

It has been an interesting few days watching the other cats and the
Houndettes get used to her absence.  Even though her final weight was down
to about five or six pounds, Molly unquestionably ruled the roost here. It
was not unusual for her to occasionally corner a hound and terrorize them.
She never picked on any one specific hound. I think it was whoever happened
to be near when she was feeling exceptionally grouchy. All four Houndettes
would tread very carefully around Molly or just lie down and wait till she
moved rather than risk walking by her. She was a very powerful personality
in our pack. Pete and Minnie (our other cats) spent the weekend looking for
Molly but everyone seems to be back to normal now that a few days have gone
by. If I am completely honest, our whole pack seems to be more relaxed than
they've been in a while. I don't know if it has something to do with Molly
having been sick and the fact that she was definitely more irritable lately
but the Houndettes are much less guarded than they have been and even the
cats seem to be out front and center more than they have been in a while. I
find it remarkable how one very small cat had such an effect on the dynamics
of our pack.

Thank you again for all of your notes. They have helped a lot!

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy, & Ginger