[Dailydrool] crazy basset lady

Linda Wittig wittigs at live.com
Thu Jan 14 03:09:39 PST 2010

I was driving through a crowded hospital parking garage yesterday. I stopped to allow a car to back out of a space. I noticed a "Droopy Basset" sticker on the back window. I quickly pulled into the space and walked to the line of cars exiting the garage. I motioned to a driver to roll down his window. I said "I saw the Droopy Basset sticker on your car! I have a basset rescued from there!" He said, "So do we." I asked his name and he asked if we would be participating in Pittsburgh's St. Patrick's Day Parade. "See you then" he said, rolling up his window. I saw the cartoon cloud above his head reading "Crazy basset lady! Tracking down basset lovers everywhere she goes." So, yes, I am becoming a crazy basset lady. The thrill of my day, recognizing the sticker. Are you a drooler, Don?The thrill this morning was imagining Shirley in CA going to the beach with her bassets! Please think of all of us back in PA who are shoveling snow and cleaning our bassets' bellies after every walk!
Linda, Crazy basset mom to Buddy & Roscoe