[Dailydrool] Foster homes

Sherry saf47 at att.net
Thu Jan 14 13:34:11 PST 2010

Susan hit the nail on the head. Our main problem in Arkansas and Oklahoma is
space, too. Like Bluegrass, we can almost always find money somewhere, even
if we have to beg for it, but foster homes? Ha. I can't tell you the number
of times we've been told, "Why don't you just take it out back and shoot
it?" Currently the only way we can help a dog is if the finder will foster
it. We have to board dogs from kill shelters in order to save them, and that
quickly gets expensive (currently have 3 in boarding now).

We have tried everything you've mentioned and short of roping and hog-tying
someone, our luck finding foster homes is just about zero at this point,
especially with the economy and the general mentality of the population in
this area. We've just about given up trying to find foster homes, and would
love to hear from others who have ideas on how to recruit them.

Sherry Faulkner, OMBR
Fayetteville, AR/Vinita, OK