[Dailydrool] Foster Homes

Debbie Malta dmalta at nc.rr.com
Fri Jan 15 05:20:50 PST 2010

We are always looking for new foster homes too. We lose alot of them when the foster families adopt their foster and can't foster anymore.

Having a FaceBook page has helped with recruiting new foster homes. Another thing that helps is posting a picture of the dog with it's story when we're trying to find a foster home. We have a large Yahoo email group set up for our volunteers that we post to when we need a foster home.

Also, getting the dogs out in public for meet and greets and local events really helps. We usually pick up a new foster home application whenever we go out somewhere.

Luckily things seem to be easing up a little as far as the number of dogs coming in and more are getting adopted these past few months. Let's hope the trend continues, I'm sure all of the rescues can use a break after this past year!

Debbie Malta
Carolina Basset Hound Rescue
www.cbhr.com