[Dailydrool] Fw: I am going to lose my mind: advice please!!!

Karen sparks_red at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 16 13:31:10 PST 2010

What a situation to be in.  I personally would tell her that when she willingly relinquished Bella to rescue she gave up all rights which includes the right to be updated much like a child who is given up for adoption.  I would emphasize that the family that adopted Bella is under no obligation to update her and cannot be forced to do so.   I would also emphasize that Bella and her family are happy and that the interference and these unreasonal demands of having to update her former family could ultimately cause undue stress and jeopardize  Bella's successful placement.

I would probably end the conversation with telling her that hostile emails and phone calls are unappreciated and if they continue she could be facing a harrassment charge and possible other legal action.

Bella deserves having a new life and love.  The former family should in no way be involved in Bella's new life.  I would not send any more updates nor respond to any further contact by this person.  If she calls then just say "Thank you for calling but I have been advised to no longer discuss the matter with you." and hang up. (Not a lie because that is what I am advising.)  This is one of those times that it would be wonderful to have a friend who is in the law profession that could give this woman a little courtesy call.

This woman just wants to make herself feel better and pretend she loves Bella.  There are those people that no matter what you do they will say negative things about you and want to control the whole situation.  Take away her control.

Just my 2 cents,
Karen and The Dog House Gang