[Dailydrool] Steam cleaners

Sally King sallyemking at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jan 17 00:37:27 PST 2010

I have a steam cleaner. It is like a cylinder vacuum cleaner to look at (but more basic) and has a range of nozzles for different jobs.-which are fiddly to use.

Basically it is a huge kettle, which channels the steam down the hose. This makes it quite pricey to run, but it does bring my bathroom tiles up well (I have no floor tiles), makes a noticeable difference to my once gold coloured sofa and can also tackle the oven or counters etc if needed. Oh yes you can  use it to strip wallpaper too!

It is cumbersome to use, but there are times - like when my friend was moving and a fox got into her new home and shat all over the place - when it is invaluable, because you know you have sterilised an area completely.

My advice would be they are a useful part of the armoury, but a pain for daily use. And if you do get one, don't bother with a hand-held as the water tank is so small you'll forever be topping it up and waiting for it to boil again.

Sally, with Rolph and Clara, UK