[Dailydrool] Bowls and stuff

julie h jules56pt at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 16 20:37:02 PST 2010

The pictures of Morse are wonderful. He is such a handsome guy.  And he has that look on his face.  That very determined look.  He is precious.

The bassets here all clean their own bowl and go check out the others when everyone is done.  It's like a round robin thing.  they want to make sure that everyone is being fed equally.  The funny thing here is that Maggie is a very big girl and she eats the least, at least when we are looking.  If she is snagging things I don't know where they come from.  She is looking very fluffy and I know the vet would have a conniption if he saw her right now.

I'm beginning to think that Shelby has a urinary tract infection.  She goes out more than any dog should to pee.  But she always goes out and is very loud in her requests.  Maybe it is just that she drinks more than any other dog we have had.  She is like a camel and just sucks up the whole bowl.  She has done that since she has been here so I don't think that means she has an infection.  Maybe her bladder is just old and not able to hold as much as it used to.  She is such a wonderful girl.  She is usually in her spot by the front door ready to sound the alarm about any and all invaders.  Better than a doorbell.

This morning we had to run some errands and we were in a hurry to leave so we did a basset check to make sure they were all in out of the cold.  We could not find Ninja.  We should have found her before we left but we needed to get to the bank so we left.  We knew she wasn't outside but could not see her anywhere.  We did the bank thing and came back home before going anywhere else to find her.  This is odd for her because usually she is right by my side if I am home.  DH went in and looked again and looked outside.  He went to the teenage slave's room for a second time and no Ninja.  Then he called her.  She was under Nic's arm under the covers and must have been so deeply asleep that she didn't hear us the first time around.  She never sleeps with Nic so we were surprised.  I knew she was in the house but it was very odd that she would disappear like that.  It was very cute.  She poked her head out and then got right back under the covers.  She knows how to power nap 20 out of 24.   She is dreaming beside me and kicking me in the process.  Life is good.

We are sending drool to all sick furry friends and heart healing drool to those whose loves have gone to the bridge.

Julie with Ninja, Marley, Maggie, Shelby and the wild kitty boys