[Dailydrool] Scarlett, thanks, new family member

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 15:18:56 PST 2010

It sounds like Scarlett waited to say her goodbyes and then left on her own
terms.  It was like I could picture her outside sunning herself the way your
post was written.  My sincerest condolences. I am trying to write more, but
the house here is just so loud I can't think straight.

I also wanted to say thank you for those that posted me on and off digest
about Mazzie and ideas. I do believe we will try the t-shirt pinned to the
velcro diaper tonight. It is a soft diaper that is a washable dog diaper and
inside that is a human attend as poise pads no longer hold the urine she
outputs.  We may soon be adding a new family member to the furry pack too. I
have been looking into a guinea pig. I have contacted rescue, but they work
differently then basset rescue and the one in my area usually doesn't rehome
one once they reach age 3. I don't want a "pup" guinea either. I have
checked petfinder, checked with the humane society, craigslist, etc. I have
an email into the SPCA so perhaps I will luck out with that. Trying to go
rescue, homeless, child no longer wants, etc. if I can. We live not too far
from Syracuse, NY if anyone knows of any. Oh, to find something
interesting--how this is the daily drool--they have a similar thing for
guinea pigs too.

Oliver goes back to the vets tomorrow for his recheck of his glands to see
if they are no longer swollen. I hope they are not and that is the end for
his vet care.  Maggie got the blue power ear treatment tonight as her ears
were looking to get on the side of debateable so she may be the next one
taken in. Harvey decided to try to add his statement to the day by humping
my leg when I was laying on the couch too. Always something going on here.

--
DRool to all in need,
Dee,