[Dailydrool] catching up + senior bassets, try #2

Kate bassetlover99 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 15:38:56 PST 2010

Pudgy fingers hit send too quickly....my apologies.

Hello all. I've finally caught up on Drools from November(!)...things have
been quite hectic around here; my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer, and
I had a little scare of my own that thankfully turned out to be nothing. So
we've had family visiting--the boys absolutely love it when we have company.

Sad to read of hounds passing over the bridge. I hope those who were left
behind can find some solace and soon.

The shelter that I volunteer with has had 2 bassets come in over the last
month. The first was a girl buppy that was adopted instantly. The second is
a senior girl with the sweetest soul. I met her today, and it was hard to
leave her there. The thought of fostering has crossed my mind, but I'm
afraid my boys would overwhelm her, and (let's be honest) I'm afraid of
being a foster failure. So, if anyone in the DFW area is looking for a
beautiful senior girl, go check out Seara at DFW Humane Society. I've posted
her picture on the boys' photo album.

--
Peace and drool,
Kate