[Dailydrool] Updates to relinqushing owners

Laura Tancredi tancgirl1980 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 17 19:09:18 PST 2010

Susan -
I know that you are looking for a nice way to respond to this person but if I were you I don't think I could do it.  Basically what I thought when I was reading that was "You don't get an update because you gave the dog away."  With human babies there are open and closed adoptions.  If the person who gave the baby up wants to be a part of the baby's life and the new family is fine with that than that's what they do.  But they don't go through the adoption agency.  I'm sure that the new family wouldn't really want the old family, in this case, to have their contact information though (I know I wouldn't).  Maybe they could just email her a few times a year.  It's not like you really have the time to mess around with it.  And if the new family doesn't want to give updates then you could just tell the old owner that.  Legally they have signed over their rights as owners and you are just doing a courtesy by giving updates.  Of course I'm not good at being
 diplomatic and that's why there is a hospital manager that deals with those matters :)
Laura
Flash and
Ryu