[Dailydrool] Propylactic Gastropexies

Lilie Basset Liliebasset at comcast.net
Mon Jan 18 06:39:36 PST 2010

"What it consists of is tacking the stomach in place so that it will not
rotate, before your dog has a GDV (gastric dilatation and volvulus) or bloat
incident."

What is this foreign language that you speak?  Oh...it is Veterinarian
Speak!  I had to Google it to make sure that I knew what you were talking
about. (and I giggled all the way).

I had this done with Lilie when she was spayed because her vet had been an
emergency vet long enough to consider it a good idea. In that case, she
didn't charge us anything above the cost of the spaying because we were long
time customers.

When Daffodil came along, I went to a different vet who was a bit surprised
at the request but did it with the spaying and charged an extra $100.00.

I think it's worthwhile if only because I don't worry as much.  Bloat is
still a possibility, but it's far less frightening if their stomachs can't
flip.

Katie, Lilie and Daffodil