[Dailydrool] My (soon-to-be) new arrival/Belle moves south

James Bankston jsbankston at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 19 04:27:59 PST 2010

Ladies and gentlemen, four-leggers and
two-leggers,

Aunt Kathi Lockhart of the Little House
of Hounds and I recently held a summit meeting, discussing the matter
of Belle the Basset's sometimes quarrelsome nature. We agreed that
the solution to this and other problems (including my three years
without a Basset) is to make Belle a Southern Belle, and provide her
with a Southern mansion in keeping with her station and dignity.

And so, next week, the week of the
25th, an honor guard consisting of Aunts Kathi Lockhart,
Marty Jacobs, and Cathi Cox will cross this great nation, escorting
Belle to my home in Austin, Texas. The estimated time of arrival is
Thursday the 28th. Indeed, the only matter we did not
resolve was what to call this occasion, since it is not, strictly
speaking, a “gotcha day.”

Watch this space for details as they
emerge.

Thanks.