[Dailydrool] Nose out of joint

Sally King sally.king at nqe.com
Tue Jan 19 06:58:45 PST 2010

I took Rolph and Clara to the beach yesterday. They both love it there.
Because Clara is a good girl, she is allowed off lead and she runs around making friends, jumping the breakwaters and sniffing exciting sniffs.

Rolph, being a pround member of the OEBE (congratulations to the new members), is not allowed off, but still loves snuflling for dead marine animals in the heaps of seaweed and jetsam.

The other thing they do is play fight, body slamming an alligator mouthing. But yesterday I think Rolph went too far.

Clara stopped dead, mid game, and refused all his entreaties to start playing again. She then went to the far side of the beach throwing him filthy looks. I don't know what he did (but I think it involved his teeth). She spent the rest of the walk skulking against the sea wall glaring at him and looking at me as if to say "He hurt me".
Worse, her normally high-held tail was at half mast.

She clearly holds grudges, as she refused to share a bed with him last night and was still sulking and glaring when we went for a walk this morning.

How long can she keep this up?

Sally with Rolph, OEBE director of Evil, UK and Clara