[Dailydrool] Bassets as nursemaids

kr1204 at aol.com kr1204 at aol.com
Tue Jan 19 13:25:00 PST 2010

Obviously Heidi, you have never been stuck in the house with two
youngsters! I have been home sick for a week now with what was finally diagnosed  as
acute bronchitis. I can't sleep at night because of the coughing and I can't
 sleep during the day because of Loki and Jordan. If I get in bed during
the day,  they think it is a playground and I am the jungle gym. Imagine one
sick adult  lying there while they alligator mouth, wrestle and play King of
the Mountain. I  was so sleep deprived by Sat that I drank about 6 ounces of
single malt whiskey  which bought me about two hours. If I lie on the sofa,
they fight to see who can  lie on my chest not getting the fact that it is
hard enough breathing without  the added weight of a basset. If I get in the
recliner, they take turns jumping  on and off. If I try to read or watch a
DVD, they pester me. As someone  once said on the Drool, "it is like being
pecked by ducks."
Since normally I work during the day and Jordan is crated, I just wonder
why they are so active and don't do what they normally would do which is
SLEEP!
I did go back to the Dr and got much stronger drugs and finally managed
some sleep last night but they are right here "pecking" at me as I  type.
Kathy with Crackers, Loki, Jordan and the fosters Darla and  Fester