[Dailydrool] Some food advice

clara at spiritone.com clara at spiritone.com
Tue Jan 19 13:32:54 PST 2010

Fiona has been eating Hills s/d for a few weeks to treat  crystals  in her urine (we caught it before she had stones).  Things look good and she goes for another recheck Friday, at which time my vet says we will talk about  a long range plan.  This is where you all come in.

Prior to Hills s/d, I was feeding her dry Taste of the Wild  Salmon recipe, which has been great for her skin & allergies. As a supplement, I was giving her a meatball of Blue Buffalo venison wet food,  hiding her soloxine in it.   I've done some reading and have a good idea which "rich" foods to avoid.  Venison is one of the "rich" foods, so I'm thinking this might have to go. (She hasn;t had any since starting on the s/d.)

So here, is the advice I'd like.  I know many of you have been through this sort of thing.  I was wondering what foods you fed after clearing up the problem and stopping the s/d, especially if it is grain free.   I really like the Taste of the Wild and felt that it was doing good things for Fiona.  Has anyone else had trouble with  kidney stones while eating it?  I like my vet and I think we will have a good conversation about food, but I always like to go in prepared.

Thanks for all your  help

Adrienne, Fiona, Lucy, Louie (ATB)