[Dailydrool] Roscoe hiding toys

Reed and Becky Pomeroy rebec at execpc.com
Tue Jan 19 14:52:14 PST 2010

It is my experience that bassets are much better hiders than finders,
unless of course it is something you don't want them to have in which case
they are excellent finders indeed.  Many years and several floors
ago, before we found one that appears to be basset proof, the dogs who
live in the kennel part of the house dug a hole through their floor and
into the insulation underneath.  They disposed of some of the
insulation, thereby creating what we referred to as the "toy
safe".  Any and all toys were stuffed through the hole in the
floor within 24 hours of being put in the run with the hounds.
Eventually they would begin to whine about not having any toys ("poor
us") and the mom would get down on hands and knees and reach under
the floor to pull out all the toys and redistribute them.  This
happened at least 1 - 2 times a week.  NEVER did I see a hound
retrieve a toy from the toy safe.  They kept that up until we tried
the next in a a list of several floor coverings and covered their hole.

If anyone is looking for a basset proof floor, I swear by
glassboard, put down with liquid nails.  Not as attractive as Pergo,
but in at least 10 years no one has destroyed it.

crazy basset
lady
MAKE DROOL NOT WAR

Please take time to visit these