[Dailydrool] Poor Little Conley

DIERKER j.mdierker at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 19 14:09:56 PST 2010

You poor little guy.  There you are, sleeping as sweet as can be, and you still get in trouble. I'm sure even if you were out in your backyard and the gate was open, you never would have left your yard.  Surely there's enough brains between your ears to not trade in a cold, dark romp for a nice warm bed.
Your story reminded me of a time I was babysitting an older basset named Walter.  It was one of the first times I'd had him at my house so I was unfamiliar with his little quirks.  I let everybody out in my yard (7 dogs) and 6 came trotting back in.  My yard isn't that big, the gate is padlocked, so I go out, but no Walter.  I called for him and called for him, and was running all over the yard, then after having a heart attack, I looked slightly up and there he was sitting on the bench.  I swear he was laughing.  I was only looking at basset hound level. I think I made his day. He always did look at me like I was slightly stupid.
Janet, Yogi, Carlie Jane, and Bunny