[Dailydrool] Possible histiocytoma

Kea McKnight caper579 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 20 07:26:12 PST 2010

Hi all. Drool to all in need. We have noticed a red bump, about 1/8" in diameter, just below our 3 yr old Abby's eye. Because she has skin issues and scratches all the time we thought maybe she had just scratched herself. But it has been there for a few days and has gotten slightly bigger with a noticeable bump. Is it possible that it is a histiocytoma. I have read that they will go away on their own. I will be making an appointment with the vet, but that could take up to a week, and our regular vet is out of town, so we would be seeing the replacement. I am going to try taking a picture of it. Any information would be appreciated.

Kea with Abby and Copper, in cold and snowy Northern Ontario