[Dailydrool] Conehead Noah

Pam McQuade dpmcquade at verizon.net
Fri Jan 22 05:53:45 PST 2010

Noah's new mama wrote: "He runs into a door jam with the cone and stands
there till I come rescue him...you might think he would back up, or turn a
little, but no."

Our Alexis hated the cone she had to wear after ear surgery. At the time, we
had very flat rugs, certainly no more than a half-inch high. She ran the
cone into the rug and stood there, head hanging, as if she just couldn't go
any further. If she'd raised her head a quarter of an inch, she would have
been fine. I think they just like having the humans make a fuss over them
when they are hurting. Another effective and manipulative basset technique.

We hope that Noah soon loses the cone. Otherwise he may learn to use it as a
weapon and hit all the human shins. It doesn't take them long to figure that
out!
Pam, food slave to the current Dashing Bassets, none of whom have had to
wear a cone, and Alexis Thefairyprincess (ATB)