[Dailydrool] Sweenie's Calendar Day!

SUSAN INTESSIMONE froggie0310 at bellsouth.net
Sat Jan 23 14:27:21 PST 2010

Today in the DD Calendar is our Sweenie--formerly Twinkie--who came to us in Feb 2008 as an 8 yr old rescue.  She'd been found on the side of the road in Louisville and the good Samaritan who found her took her to the vet, had her x-rayed for broken bones and other vetwork to the tune of nearly $400---and declined reimbursement when we offered.  She spend the first 6 months with us as a foster who did nothing but low crawl around, spending most of her time in seclusion in my daughters' room.  They'd dress her up and take pictures--this is one of her with a cap on :)  After a while she ventured out to the couch and continued her neurotic tendencies of eating things she shouldn't--like a ballet slipper, a tie and other things.  Nothing was ever chewed--just swallowed--and vomited up later in a pile of hair that she continually licked off the carpets.  In July 2008 our beloved Nellie Marie passed away and we decided Sweenie was here to stay.  Though
 originally named Twinkie because she was sweet and fluffy, Bridget, my 12 yr old, nicknamed her Sweenie as a mix of Sweetie and Twinkie.  Now we often just call her "The Sween" :).  She's probably 10 years old and does little more than sleep all day.  She has quit eating things she shouldn't but still licks the floors when she's nervous (we ripped out the carpet) so we keep a stash of Gas-X on hand to deflate her with :)

Susan and the Hoptown Bassets + 1
Murphy, Jeremiah and Sweenie + Grandma