[Dailydrool] Rebel, Basset Gentleman from Oklahoma

Cindy Haney cindyhaney at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 25 10:38:09 PST 2010

Last Friday my vet confirmed that Rebel has cancer in a lymph node in his stomach.  It's approx. 3 inches in diameter and is in a precarious spot for surgery in that it's laying on top of the aorta.  He originally had cancer surgery in March 2009 removing his anal sac.  This lymph node was the closest to the anal sac but inside the stomach.  Due to his age and his anxiety issues with vets we made the decision that there would be no surgery.  My vet also said that he doubted even if I made the decision for the surgery, it would be doubtful if we could even do a surgery like that successfully.  We are making him comfortable with pain meds and anti-inflammatory pills.  The vet said that together they worked well in keeping them comfortable.
I can't bear the thought of losing him and have been crying since Friday.  Please sling all the drool you can spare his way.

Cindy, Slave to Rebel the Basset Gentleman from Oklahoma