[Dailydrool] Walter Kinzer - Apr 29, 2002 - Jan 21, 2010

Susie Kinzer susie.kinzer at comcast.net
Wed Jan 27 19:55:34 PST 2010

I haven't posted much anymore, but wanted to let you know that we had to
help our dear Walter Mitty to the Bridge.  It was a huge shock to us
that he was even ill, he was such a happy active houndie.  He was
diagnosed with mast cell cancer on Dec 14 and we'd been working on
treating it...He took a turn for the worse on Wed Jan 20 so I
immediately took him back into our internist, Dr Franklin.  He called me
the next day and said "It's time..."  the mast cells had moved into his
blood stream and he really was very, very sick.  We were with him when
he went and he almost seemed relieved...I am crushed.  I picked up his
ashes today and somehow that seemed to help a little, just having him
home again.

My Woodie was diagnosed in renal failure on Feb 4, 2008.  He turned 10
yesterday and I told Dr Franklin last February that that was my goal, to
get him to 10!  It has been a full-time job cooking for him and sub-q
fluids etc to keep him going...I never in a million years expected that
Waltie would be gone first....Dr Franklin has been Woodie's internist
and is fabulous, I'm sure that helps alot...

We only had Mr. Mitty for 3 short years of his too short life, but we
enjoyed every single minute of him and loved him unconditionally....He
was a BIG, smooshy houndie, weighing in around 85 lbs...
Some of his favorite things were eating, all people, going for walks,
sunbathing, riding in the car, helping his mom barbeque, keeping watch
over his backyard, tearing the squeakers out of toys and his Dad.
His not so favorite things were getting his nails trimmed, coming home
from a walk, and cats or squirrels in his yard.
I am so very, very glad that I rescued him from his life on the end of a
chain (tied out rain, sleet or snow) and that he got to live in a house,
have a good life for awhile and pass on with dignity.  That means so
much to me...

He had a huge heart and we are devastated that he had to go so soon.
We will miss him forever...

Godspeed Waltie, we're sure you're feeling much better now...

Susie
Slave to Woodie and Walter Mitty ATB