[Dailydrool] Flat Basset

Pam Farris savethebassets at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 29 17:39:13 PST 2010

Friday  Funny.  At work today, shorthanded and crazy busy.  Get a call from a local animal control.  They've found a basset and it can't walk.  They have given her pain meds but I need to come get her RIGHT NOW and get her to a vet.  I drop everything and drive an hour in rush traffic.  She's in the medical ward.  I had prepared my van for her - broken down the crate and stored it so I could lay her flat in the back and hurry to the vet. Walk into the medical unit and the shelter, Open the crate door, she walks out :-)  So I ask why they thought she couldn't walk.  Turns out when the animal control officer went up to her, she laid down and wouldn't get up so he thought she couldn't walk.   He loaded her onto a gurney to get her into his truck and into the shelter.   This basset girl had done a flat basset on him :-)  Bassets, ya gotta luv them.  Ellie Mae is stretched out at my feet after running the Basset 500 with some of the other fosters.  Can't walk
 uhhhh

Pam Farris
Basset Rescue of Florida, Inc.
www.BassetRescueFlorida.com