[Dailydrool] We need to add more to that OEBE list!!!!

Carmen Kraus kdbeads at verizon.net
Sun Jan 31 09:24:16 PST 2010

We shall start with Curie (AKA Princess Whiny Butt or Miss Pee
Britches).  Once we had room after adopting a few bassets out we added a
big bed to their sleeping room.  Decided to see if we could trust Curie
out of her crate overnight so she too could enjoy the big bed.  All was
fine for a month, thought she may be approaching BABE status.  Then she
started peeing everywhere.  No urinary problems, nothing wrong at all so
we had to start crating her at night again, no more pee puddles to clean
up every morning.

Next we actually need to add KELVIN!!! (AKA Cat Daddy or Senior Whimper
Boy)  Boy he has been a right rotten basset here lately.  Lets start the
list of misdeeds...
-Stealing sour cream, not just grabbing the container and running off
with it... no... he carefully maneuvers his way onto whatever surface
the sour cream is on and completely licks the container clean without
moving it.
-Peeing in out of the way spots in the house before telling me he needs
to go out.  Attention seeking.
-Ink pens are no longer safe in the house.  He has eaten almost a whole
business sized box.
-He has joined forces with the cats in getting things knocked out of
cabinets and off counters for them to plunder.  They open the cabinets
for him and they all cram themselves inside.
-Joining forces with the cats in itself is OEBE behavior and they are
inseparable at this point, where he goes they follow and leave behind a
path of destruction.  He uses them to distract me while he's off finding
sour cream, pens or some place to tinkle.
There are a few more but my weary brain isn't functioning this morning!

Though on the health front, Kelvin is really doing well, the special
food and supplements are keeping him well and keeping the CRF well
managed.  We haven't had a bad day in a few months and he's acting like
a basset, a basset that should be a member of the OEBE but a basset none
the less.

Carmen and herd